Membrane systems for fuel gas conditioning.
Raw natural gas is often the only fuel available to operate power generators and compressor stations in remote locations and offshore platforms. In many cases, the gas contains unacceptable levels of higher hydrocarbons and hydrogen sulfide. Membrane systems are a convenient and passive way of upgrading raw natural gas by removing impurities such as H2S, C3+, CO2, N2 and water vapor from a gas stream at moderate pressure.
Some of the benefits of the membrane systems are:
- Removes heavy components.
- Removes significant portions of acid gases such as H2S and CO2.
- Increases reliability of gas engines and turbines.
- Operates at ambient conditions with no external heating required.
- Decreases maintenance costs and reduces unscheduled downtime.
- Contains no moving parts.